Today was a beautiful Sunday and I enjoyed a day of solitude. It was a day off on the ranch, and now as I kick my feet up by the fire I feel like sharing how awesome my day was. I managed to do a lot in the time I had after sleeping in. I’ve been really wanting to sleep in after working hard all week with little time to myself. So here’s what I did today!
- Read a book with tea over breakfast.
- Rode a horse through the woods.
- Fed the birds by the creek.
- Took the dogs for a walk.
- Worked on a painting I’ve been working on for 6 years.
- Read my grandma’s old poem.
- Helped the neighbor out with a jump start for his car.
- Drove into town for a fancy dinner where I read more of my book.
- Chopped firewood.
- Now I’m here relaxing writing this!
It feels like it’s been years since I’ve had a nice day off from work like today. Now I still have time to do some more fun stuff, and I’m thinking about writing another blog post so stay tuned!